Become a Volunteer at Hill Country Covid Vaccine Site
Complete the form below to let us know you are interested in becoming a volunteer.
From all of us at Hill Country Memorial, the medical community and community partners, we appreciate your willingness to become a volunteer.
By signing up to become a volunteer, you are not guaranteed a vaccine.
If you are interested in receiving a vaccine, please register through the vaccine portal by visiting www.HillCountryCovid.care and click on “Vaccine Registration” or call 830-990-6648.
See job descriptions below for opportunities.
Vaccinators must be licensed clinicians or medical professionals such as:
- Physician Assistants
- Certified Medical Assistants
For further questions please email Volunteers@HillCountryMemorial.org
Vaccination Site Volunteer Opportunities
- Monitor facility entrance and verify the appointment.
- Help direct and maintain traffic flow.
- Verify temperature less than 99.4 degrees
- Verify Schedule
- Direct to open “green” table
- Provide registration forms
- File completed forms
- Explain paperwork
- Explain 2nd dose appointment time, verify date/ time is correct
- Explain observation time
- Verify Consent
- Explain Procedure
- Sign Consent and place in a folder.
- Sign and re-explain 2nd dose appointment card
- Explain 15-minute waiting time – note time on green card
- Community retired nurses who want to volunteer to give vaccines should apply for reactivation through the Texas Nurse Portal here: https://txbn.boardsofnursing.org/txbn If they’ve not already established an account, the landing page provides instructions to do so before an application can be submitted.
- Community retired doctors who want to volunteer to give vaccines and need to reactivate their license please go to http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/idl/8E60E934-136F-E19C-EF23-6CFFA469451C. There is no charge for emergency reactivation of a retired license if the physician has been retire for 5 years or less. The reactivation is for 6 months.
You will be contacted regarding requirements to give the vaccine
- Monitor clock and 15 minute observation period
- Input information into State database
- Answer phone calls and assist community members in making an online reservation.