Ambulance Service: 9-1-1
Main Hospital: (830) 997-4353
1020 S State Highway 16
Fredericksburg, TX 78624
A Note on HCM Emergency Care: Acute cases are addressed immediately. Other cases are seen in order of severity.
The HCM Immediate Care Clinic offers COVID testing for individuals who do not have a Primary Care Provider or have not had an appointment with their Primary Care Provider for COVID-related symptoms.
If you are seeking a Rapid COVID Test, please call your Primary Care Provider to learn more and find the location nearest you. The HCM Immediate Care Clinic does not offer Rapid COVID Testing.
When you aren’t feeling well and need help immediately for a non-emergent
condition, visit the HCM Immediate Care Clinic.
deserve at a moment’s notice.
- No appointment needed
- Walk-ins welcome
- insect stings/ bites
- skin problems
- sore throat
- sports injuries
- Plus x-rays and stitches
- Primary Care-Internal Medicine
- Immediate Care Clinics
- Foot & Ankle Surgery/Podiatry
- General Surgery
- Pain Management
- Physical, Speech, and Occupational Therapies
Pay Your Medical Group Bill:
Call 830.990.1404 or visit the link below and log-in to your portal:
Text HCM Today:
Your health and safety is important to all of us here at Hill Country Memorial (HCM) and we want to make you aware of precautionary measures we’re taking during this time of heightened concern.
TeleVisits provide a platform for a secure two-way video visit between the patient and the provider, ensuring our patients have access to the health care needed from a distance.
Attention New Patients:
Please download, print and complete the following forms to bring with you at your first visit.
Medical Records Request:
Our patients can now request and download complete health records online through Healthmark Group, our partner for providing fast, secure, and accurate copies of medical records.
Submit your request by fax:
Your records will be released as specified by you in the Authorization form. Once processed, you will receive a notification via email or standard USPS delivery with instructions on how to retrieve your records. To expedite the delivery of your records, please provide your email address on your authorization.
Check the status of your request
The Hill Country Memorial Breast Center is determined to protect you and your loved ones from breast cancers and tumors. That’s why we screen regularly and empower our patients to do self-exams, because early detection can make all the difference.
Modern, Feminine Breast Care 3D Mammography Has Arrived
Your partner in breast health has a new instrument to fight breast cancer. The latest digital mammography technology is now available at Hill Country Memorial for the community.
What this means for you
- Fewer repeat scans (15-40% less) for additional testing, which reduces patient anxiety and costs
- Improved imaging for dense breast tissue decreases the need for additional diagnostic imaging
- A 40% increase in detection of invasive breast cancers
- A 27% increase in detection of all breast cancers
Clearer Images—the First Time
3D technology captures images of the breast from different angles to produce a highly accurate picture. This allows radiologists to see smaller cancers with much more detail than a traditional 2D mammogram. That means more cancers found and fewer repeat scans.
Who should get a mammogram?
- 40+ It’s a must! Physician referral for annual screening exam not required unless you are symptomatic.
- <40 If you have symptoms or have a family history of breast cancer, see your doctor for a referral.
- 60+ Keep getting your annual mammograms. Age is the second greatest risk factor for getting breast cancer.
- Annual well woman check-ups including a physical exam by your doctor and monthly breast self-exams are your best tools for preventing breast cancer.
Even with the best technology, it is a challenge to ensure that women get the mammograms they need. More than 5,000 women in Gillespie County alone do not get their mammograms every year.
Beginning in 2015, a new initiative will reward women who receive a mammogram with a little shopping. The PINK CARD, a card with discounts from local retailers, will be given to women as our thanks for staying healthy.
HCM Breast Center Amenities
- Screening results ready within 6 business hours*
- 5-star patient ratings and reviews
- Spa-like robes and with complimentary toiletries
- Comfort pads upon request
- More than 45 years combined mammography experience with an all female staff
- Complimentary coffee and tea in waiting area
- Most insurance plans accepted
*based on patient volume
Peace of Mind
HCM holds a monthly Breast Conference of medical professionals who review every breast biopsy case done at HCM.
Something doesn’t feel right?
Self-checks and regular screenings are essential to catching cancer early. It can be an uneasy topic to discuss, but Hill Country is here to guide you with expert care, cutting edge imaging technology for higher detection rates, and comforting, personalized treatment.
As an added incentive to test early, and regularly at HCM, we have reached agreements with various local and regional businesses to offer discounts and free products/services with our HCM Breast Center Pink Card. It’s just one of the many ways we help you live a healthier, happier life.
- Breast MRI – a noninvasive procedure that produces 2D and 3D images
- Ultrasound – a breast-specific imaging process that uses sound waves to create an image without radiation
- Sentinel node biopsy – a surgical procedure that can determine if a breast tumor has spread
- A Breast Conference of surgeons, pathologists, radiologists, oncologists and specialized technologists review every breast biopsy done at HCM
- An innovative tumor marking procedure reduces potential surgery error to nearly zero
808 Reuben St., Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Hours of Operation
Monday 7:30 AM–5:30 PM
Tuesday 7:30 AM–5:30 PM
Wednesday 7:30 AM–5:30 PM
Thursday 7:30 AM–4:30 PM
Friday availability based on scheduling
HCM Breast Center
Wound Care from Hill Country Memorial provides evaluation and treatment for complex and chronic wounds. Each patient is treated by a wound-healing team consisting of a specialized physician and expert therapists trained in healing wounds.
- Experienced wound care nurses and staff
- Evidence-based treatment protocols
- Progressive wound care and ostomy products
- Outcome measurement and reporting to assure repeated success
Located at 1009 S. Milam St. in Suite 1 of the Eckert-Smith Office Building.
With HCM Hospice you and your family maintain control over your care and quality of life. HCM Hospice provides specialized care for patients and comfort to families and caregivers during this important time of life. For all patients, from pediatric to geriatric, HCM Hospice can provide in-patient care, routine home care, respite care and continuous care. Our dedicated hospice nurses and staff strive to make this stage as comfortable as possible for each and every one of our patients.
Hospice Services Available
- Skilled Nursing
- Chaplain Services
- Medical Social Worker
- Home Health Aide
- Massage Therapy
- Caregiver Support
- Bereavement Support
- Physical, Speech, and Occupational Therapy
Why You Might Need Hospice Services
- First Stages of a Terminal Illness
- Increased Pain or Other Symptoms
- Kidney Failure
- Liver Failure
- Increased Calls/Visits to the Physician
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Pediatric Hospice
- Pediatric Patients Who Might Not Survive Into Adulthood
- Perinatal Hospice
- Life-limiting Disorders
- Nutritional Changes with Unintended Weight Loss
- No Longer Responding to Current Treatments for example COPD or CHF
- Increasing Number of Hospitalizations or Emergency Room Visits
- Limited Improvement After Hospital Admissions
- A Desire to No Longer go to the Hospital or Emergency Room
If you think a loved one is ready, we’re here to help ease the transition with compassionate care.
HCM Hospice offers on-call support 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Call now to learn more (830) 997-1335.
Counties We Serve:
Bandera | Blanco | Burnet | Comal | Gillespie | Hays | Kendall | Kerr | Kimble | Llano | Mason | Medina | San Saba | Travis
Our digestive internalist specialists work all issues pertaining to the digestive tract (GI), including solving medical problems with the esophagus, stomach, intestines, colon, liver, gallbladder and pancreas.
As needed, our Gastroenterologists conduct colonoscopies, endoscopies and liver biopsies. Additionally, if you require surgery, a gastroenterologist will work with a surgeon to help you get the most appropriate and effective surgery possible.
Find a Gastroenterologist here.
Schedule A Consultation
Call us today at (830) 990-6134
Call HCM’s Restore Coordinator to learn more about scheduling appointments and helping you plan your Restore journey.
Hill Country Memorial’s Orthopedic Joint Replacement Program can help relieve pain and be yourself again. Our team offers a thorough and comprehensive approach to treating injuries and diseases of bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves.
Our orthopedic offerings include:
- Total Joint Replacement
- Shoulder Surgery
- Arthroscopy & Ligament Repair
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Repair of Open and Closed Fractures
- Tendon Repair
- Hand and Foot Surgery
- Sports Medicine
RESTORE Joint Care
What does living pain-free feel like? You’ll know it when you feel the comfort of a dedicated staff helping you navigate through orthopedic care, every step of the way. Restore is a program tailored to removing the pain and anxiety of the process, helping patients across Texas who need knee, shoulder, hip, and other joint replacements start their journey off on the right foot, and recover quickly.
- Restore Joint Care Program highlights
Patients give us 5 stars*
- Top orthopedic surgeons in the US**
- Knee, hip and shoulder replacements
- Pre-operative group class
- Personal coach training
- Private rooms
- Group therapy in the Avery Gym
- Effective pain management
- Most patients walk the day of surgery
- Shorter hospital stays
* HCM online inpatient orthopedic Ratings & Reviews. hillcountrymemorial.org
**4th in Texas (Top 2% in the US) for Medical Excellence in Major Orthopedic Surgery. Based on independent research conducted by CareChex®—www.carechex.com
Restore is designed by award-winning orthopedic surgeons and renowned Orthopedic medical specialists to reshape your life through a safe, proven, evidence-based joint replacement program. Restore offers a faster recovery with less pain. We also included specialized pain management and group therapy elements to make the experience seamless.
If you’re ready to Restore the life you love, call now to schedule your FREE Joint Replacement Seminar to learn more about our renowned Restore program.
View the links below to learn more about our Orthopedic Surgeons and find the one right for you.
Destination Restore: Joint Replacement Virtual Event
Hill Country Memorial’s Restore — The Remarkable Joint Center invites you to watch our virtual joint replacement presentation! In this presentation, you will learn more about the shoulder, hip, and knee replacement surgery from our team of award-winning Orthopedic Specialists.
Hip Dislocation Video:
Hill Country Memorial invites you to watch our Hip Dislocation Prevention video! In this video, you will learn tips from our team of experts on how to prevent your new hip from dislocating.