The endocrine system of the human body is unique because it affects so many different areas of life. The endocrine system consists of several glands throughout the body that release hormones to support metabolism, growth, tissue function, sleep, digestion, respiration, excretion, mood, stress, lactation, movement, reproduction, and sensory perception.
The Endocrinologist at Hill Country Memorial handles conditions and diseases related to the endocrine glands as well as hormones including:
• Adrenal disorders
• Osteoporosis and bone health
• Endocrine disorders in children (lack of growth, problems with puberty)
• Heart problems (high cholesterol, triglycerides, high blood pressure)
• Infertility in men
• Abnormal testosterone levels in men
• Pituitary disorders
• Thyroid disorders
• Struggles with weight and metabolism
• Menstrual problems
• Menopause and infertility in women
Find an Endocrinologist here.