The lab at Hill Country Memorial is a comprehensive, full-service medical laboratory offering a wide variety of tests. We understand how nerve-racking it can be to wait on results. That’s why the HCM lab prioritizes rapid turnarounds and accurate results.
Operating under the expertise of over 30 pathologists, lab technologists, lab technicians and phlebotomists, our hard work never stops. Because you need results, and your health is always our highest priority.
For outpatient services including blood draws and specimen, drop-off hours are from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Hill Country Memorial Lab Services and Capabilities
• Conducts regular tests of blood, urine, tissue, cerebral spinal fluid and other bodily fluids.
• Clinical chemistry oversees tests done on the fluid portion of blood, urine and other bodily fluids.
• Hematology examines the cellular components of blood to identify and prevent clotting.
• Microbiology tests to identify and treat infectious diseases including those caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites.
• The blood bank examines types, screens and cross-matches for compatible blood products. It is also involved with transfusions and infusion therapy.
• Phlebotomy collects blood specimens for testing.
Quick Draw/Life Screen
Low-cost tests and screenings for faster and more accurate results. Held 2nd Saturday of every month 8-11am / Fredericksburg.
• NO appointment necessary
• NO Physician’s order required
• Register at HCM’s Admissions entrance
• Test results mailed to you within 7 days
• Insurance not accepted / cash, check or credit card only
• Medicare patients, please consult physicians
Our list of tests and screenings:
QuickDraw – Quick tests with quick results.
Blood Type – $25
Diabetes Screening – $35 – (Fasting required for 10 hours prior to testing. Black coffee and water permitted.)
Ferritin – $35
FOBT – $35
Helicobacter – $90
Hemoglobin A1C – $30 – (Fasting required for 10 hours prior to testing. Black coffee and water permitted.)
HEP C Screen – $25
Lipid Panel – $30 – Cholesterol (Including HDL and LDL) and Triglycerides
PSA (Prostate) – $25
Testosterone – $75
TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) – $30
Vitamin D – $42
Vitamin B12 – $25
Quickdraw 1- $65 – Lipid Panel – Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (kidney, liver, heart function, glucose) and Complete Blood Count
Quickdraw 2 – $95 – Entire Quickdraw 1 plus TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
Women’s Health – $135 – Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, Complete Blood Count, plus TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone), A1C, Glucose (diabetes) and FSH (Female Hormone).
Men’s Health – $135 – Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, Complete Blood Count, plus TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone), A1C and Glucose, and PSA (tests for signs of prostate cancer).
Life Screen Ultrasound Tests – $50 -Thyroid Ultrasound – Looks for abnormalities like cysts, nodules and tumors, Abdominal Ultrasound – looks for enlarged areas (aneurysm) that could rupture, and Carotid Artery Ultrasound – Looks for plaque that can cause a stroke.
Calcium Scoring – $110
We are subject to the standards required by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA) and maintain current CLIA licenses. The lab is also accredited by the College of American Pathologist (CAP).
Call now and schedule your test today!