HCM Hospice provides specialized care for patients and comfort to families and caregivers during this important time of life. Our dedicated hospice nurses and staff strive to make this stage as comfortable as possible for each and every one of our patients.
Locations and Service Offerings:
Our Hospice Care offerings:
- Serve patients of all ages from geriatric to pediatric
- Tailor services to each patient’s plan of care
- Never turn away a patient based on ability to pay
HCM Hospice serves the following counties:
Gillespie, Kerr, Kendall, Bandera, Kimble, Comal, Blanco, Hays, Travis, Burnet, Llano, Mason, Medina and San Saba
*Please note, service area is contingent upon extenuating circumstances, please call for additional information.
HCM Hospice can provide in-patient care, routine home care, respite care and continuous care. Hospice also helps geriatric to pediatric patients with:
- Skilled nursing with the delivery of medications, durable medical equipment and medical supplies related to your plan of care.
- Chaplin Services
- Caregiver and Bereavement Support
- Massage, Physical, Speech and Occupational Therapy
- Lab work, x-rays and other outpatient procedures related to your plan of care.
- On call support 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Common Reasons for Hospice Service
- First stages of a terminal illness
- Increased pain or other symptoms
- Kidney Failure
- Liver Failure
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)
- Increased Calls/ Visit to a Provider
- Stroke/CVA (Cerebrovascular Accident)
- ALS (Amyptrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
- Pediatric Hospice
- Pediatric Patients (who might not survive into adulthood)
- Perinatal Hospice
- Life-limiting Disorders
- Nutritional changes with unintended weight loss
- No longer responding to current treatments for example COPD or CHF
- Increasing number of hospitalizations or Emergency Room (ER) visits
- Limited improvement after hospital admission
- A desire to no longer visit the hospital or ER