Welcome to the Hill Country Memorial’s (HCM) website (the “Website”). HCM and affiliates (agents and contractors), here after referred to (“we,” “our” or “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy, therefore adopted privacy practices to protect the information collected from you as the “user”. As a user of this Website, you take on certain risks and responsibilities. You also have the right to know how we protect your privacy and confidentiality and what you should expect. HCM and our third party vendors are responsible for the editorial content, products and services offered on this Website.
Your Role, Responsibilities and Risks
- You need to be an informed user of this site. Please read all our policies in full to develop an understanding of the site.
- Understand how HCM collects and utilizes data, our goal to protect your personal information from misuse. We may, however, offer programs that collect data for special/specific reasons, which could include but are not limited to research, scientific studies, and statistics. If mentioned reasons occur, in which case you may be interested in participating with formal consent.
What You Should Expect
- We will strive to maintain your privacy, confidentiality, and security at all times.
- Our goal to ensure your trust and confidence by providing you with as much information as we can about data collection procedures and information.
- We will not intentionally use any personal health information without your permission. We do use non-personal health information which we aggregate for research purposes and to improve usability of this site.
- We will notify you accordingly of all data collection practices by posting such practices on this Website.
- We want you to know that this system operates on a secure server. It is our goal to encrypt your personal and professional information and personal health information before it is transmitted. Encryption is a form of scrambling and de-scrambling, an added security feature designed to help prevent unauthorized persons from seeing your information.
- No provider-patient relationship is created unless you are specifically notified that one is created.
- HCM provides research based information from creditable Medical Health Professionals, Universities and health-focused State/Federal Organizations or Agencies.
About the Information Collected
HCM understands the personal information and personal health information you provide is highly sensitive; potentially causing you concerns about sharing information. Our goal is to protect your privacy and we strive to develop policies and practices to safeguard your information.
HCM collects two (2) types of information from the user:
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Anonymous Information
Personal Identifiable Information (PII)
At various points of interaction with HCM, you may be asked to volunteer items such as, but not limited to, your name, demographic information, email, physical/mailing address, telephone number and/or any additional information you voluntarily provide. We refer to this type of information as “personal information” because it can be used to identify or contact you.
Use of Personal Information:
- Information will be used to fulfill the intended purpose for while provided and HCM’s business operational needs/requirements.
- By providing PII with HCM you expressly consent and authorize us, as well as any of our related affiliates to contact you through the use of dialing, texting or digital means of communication.
- By providing this express consent, you specifically waive any claim you may have for the making of such calls or texts, including any claim under federal or state law and specifically any claim under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, 47 U.S.C. § 227. By providing a telephone number, you represent you are the subscriber or owner or have the authority to use and provide consent to call or text the number.
- By providing your email address, you expressly opt-in to the receipt of email communications from us and our affiliates, agents or contractors for or related to medical goods or services, your account, and other services such as financial, clinical and educational information including exchange news, changes to health care law, health care coverage, care follow up, and other healthcare opportunities, goods and services. By providing this express consent, you specifically waive any claim you may have for the sending of such emails, including any claim under federal or state law and specifically any claim under the CAN-SPAM Act, 15 U.S.C.§ 7701, et seq. By providing an email address, you represent you are the subscriber or owner or have the authority to use and provide consent to contact the email address.
Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies, including cookies from our site. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the Help section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookie, certain functions and conveniences of the site may not work properly. You do not have to accept our cookie in order to productively use our site. If you accept our cookie, we will never link the cookie to personal information and/or personal health information you provide to us. We will not allow other sites or third parties to use our cookies.
Use of Anonymous Information:
- Information includes, but is not limited to cookies, sensors, geo location, pixel tags, IP addresses, mobile device information and/or similar technology.
- This information does not identify you, but is statistical data (anonymous information) that provides generic information about your use of the Website.
- This information helps us understand which parts of our Sites are visited most often and may be used to analyze trends, administer and improve the Sites, gather broad demographic information, personalize content and determine retargeting and remarketing.
- HCM, independently and through affiliates, collect information in various sections of this Website.
Security of Information
HCM cannot and does not guarantee that your information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons, we take privacy and security seriously. We take reasonable, industry standard precautions to keep the Sites and their systems secure and to prevent personal information from being made available to unauthorized persons or entities. Even though we employ these standard precautions and protocols, HCM and affiliates cannot provide absolute assurances that the contents of messages, for example, will be secure. If you choose to send any confidential information through digital communication means, you accept the risk that a third party may intercept and use this information.
Where Information Is Collected
We collect information about you at several places throughout the site. You will be informed on how this information is collected at that time. You will also have the ability to opt-in to information collection when you enter the site or use a service.
Most information is collected in the following instances:
In order to have access to certain services and content available on our site, you may be required to complete a registration form that requests certain information, such as name, telephone number and email address. HCM offers specialized registration for certain programs events, and classes that may request some, but is not limited to, the outlined above information.
We may use your registration information to send you an email confirming your registration with our site, to respond to questions from you, or to notify you if there is a problem with any order for goods or services that you placed. We may also, from time to time, send emails, with your permission, on special promotions or newsletters we think may be of interest to you. Once you have opted in, we may send info to you. For instance, if you opt in we may send information regarding your specific health condition.
The Health Risk Assessment (HRA) is an online tool provided by StayWell that provides you the opportunity to enter information about your daily living activities, exercise and nutrition habits. The StayWell systems uses this information to determine how your lifestyle decisions influence your health, both today and in your future. You are the only one who has access to your customized individual report. StayWell does not record or maintain a database of any Personalized Identifiable Information (PII) provided by you or to you through this on-line tool.
The StayWell Health Risk Assessments do not collect Personalized Identifiable Information (PII) or Personal Health Information (PHI) from customers and/or end-users. In the event our policy changes, StayWell will notify Hill Country Memorial that the policy has been modified and fully explain the new terms in this Privacy Statement.
The StayWell Health Risk Assessments do utilize passive tracking mechanisms. StayWell will set a cookie on a machine to determine if the end-user should have access to the subscribed StayWell content, determine what content should be displayed in subsequent pages or provide access to specific content areas on Hill Country Memorial’s website. StayWell does not track individual users throughout the site(s) or HRA, or track the result pages.
This tool is hosted on StayWell servers. Periodically, server log files are analyzed using Web Trends via the standard configuration.
Completing an assessment means you are concerned about your well-being and motivated to make the most of your health. The goal for this health survey is to assess your likelihood of developing common medical problems or injuries in the future. Understanding these risks will help you to make active, informed decisions about your health. You will gain a better sense of your overall physical, mental, and emotional health and learn how to improve your health habits. Before you take any action based on the information in the survey, you should discuss the results with your healthcare provider or medical professional.
You may revoke your consent to contact at any time by directly contacting HCM at (830) 997-4353.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Sites. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from children under the age of 18, and no part of our Sites is designed or intended to attract anyone under the age of 18. If you believe information from or about a child under 18 has been provided please contact HCM immediately at (830) 997-4353.