Beginning Monday February 28, 2022 HCM will resume an expanded visitor policy. Patient and visitor temperature screening and symptoms assessment will continue at the Outpatient Registration entrance
Visitors, along with patients, physicians, volunteers and team members will continue to wear masks while inside any HCM facility. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Visitors are limited to two at a time. Children 12 years and older may visit and must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times. The patient cannot be considered the designee supervising the child.
Patients and visitors of their choosing have the responsibility to follow hospital policy and are expected to:
- Show respect and consideration of the Hospital staff and property as well as other patients and their property
- Respect the need for noise control and number of visitors
- Acknowledge that the Charge Nurse or RN designee has the authority to remove visitors that impact the health and safety of the patient and/or unit.
Hill Country Memorial will respect and promote the patients right to designate visitors of their choosing and to accommodate visitation whenever possible. There are certain circumstances for health and safety reasons that visitation may not be allowed, and/or the hours and number of visitors may be adjusted.
Such circumstances include:
- Patient requests no visitors or not to have certain visitors.
- Infection Control Concerns (respiratory illness, intestinal diseases etc.).
- Patient is undergoing care interventions.
- The healthcare team has determined the presence of a particular visitor may endanger the health or safety of a patient, a staff member or significantly disrupt the operations of the facility.
- The patient is in the custody of law enforcement.
- End of life care.
- Visitors are limited to two at a time.
- One support person may stay overnight in patient’s private room.
- Children of any age may visit and must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times. The patient cannot be considered the designee supervising the child.
- Mommy and Baby nap time is 2pm-4pm. Patients are encouraged to rest and limit visitors.